Frequently asked questions about our personalized classes:
How exactly do I take my online class? We use a simple online web conferencing system with live audio and whiteboard, which gives you an experience comparable to that of a real classroom setting. Video is available, but we usually choose to use audio only, to make the most of your bandwidth. The online classroom does not require you to install any special software and is very simple to use. After you book a class, and your payment is processed, you will receive a confirmation mail with a link and instructions on how to access your personalized class with a live teacher at the time you choose.
How long are the sessions? Each session begins on the hour, and lasts approximately 50 minutes. The last 5 minutes are dedicated to giving you personalized suggestions and answering any last questions you might have.
How much do classes cost? Each personalized class costs $22.90
How do I pay for the classes? You may pay for each class by credit card, when speaking in person to your teacher during the introductory class.
Is there a minimum number of classes required? No. We realize that individual needs differ, so we offer you as many or as few classes as you need, without obligating you to a minimum number.
What if I need to cancel a class? We ask that you give us at least 48 hours notice for cancellation, in which case your class cost is fully refundable. If you you cancel with less than 48 hours notice or no-show, you will only be refunded 50% of the cost of the class.
Do you have a referral program? Yes! Just provide any of your friends or business partners with your email address, and you both will receive 15% off the cost of the next class you schedule.
Do you provide a graduation certificate? Upon your request, we are happy to provide you with a letter indicating that you have taken sessions with us, and the number of hours spent in class. Since our sessions are personalized, instead of following a set program, we are unable to provide you with a completion certificate.
Do you have a money back guarantee? Yes. If you are not satisfied with the quality of the training received, we will return your money, no questions asked.
How do I schedule a class? Simply click on this link to go to our online booking system. Booking a class is fast and simple. If the time you need is not available, please email us and we will do our best to accommodate your scheduling needs.
What are the hardware and software requirements for the sessions? In short, nothing special. Here are the details:
- Operating system: Windows 2000, XP, Vista o 7; Mac OS X 10.4 o 10.5; Linux.
- RAM: 512 MB.
- Processor: 1 GHz or greater.
- 16 bit sound card
- Monitor: 1024 × 768 or greater resolution.
- Browsers: Internet Explorer 7 or higher, Firefox 3 or highter, Safari 3 or Opera 9.6, with cookies enabled.
- Adobe Flash Player: Version 10 or higher. If you do not have it installed, click on the following link to get it: http://get.adobe.com/en/flashplayer/
- PDF reader: Adobe Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader or similar.
- Internet connection: A high speed connection (Cable, DSL, fiber) is preferred, but since our system has very low bandwidth requirements, almost any stable connection is acceptable. Note: Mobile devices and mobile data connections are often unreliable and unstable, so we suggest you use a DSL-based connection.
- In addition, you will need a reasonably high-quality headset with microphone and a quiet place to take your class. Note: We do not recommend using your PC’s integrated microphone or mobile phone style headphones.
How can I contact you? You can always email us with any concerns or questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Can I take my class by phone or by Skype? We use a virtual classroom system which has very low bandwidth requirements, and allows us to use a whiteboard, and other tools to present the lesson materials. These are features which would not be available via Skype or other VOIP applications. Still, if you prefer to have your class by phone, Skype or some other means of messaging, please email us and we will do everything we can to accommodate your needs.